This is a new era which is really dynamic and It feels like a new revolution. I am enjoying working on Microsoft Azure and I want to share the knowledge as I learn. I have been working with SQL server databases for a long time now, I am trying to realize how this change impacts me. Therefore, I thought of writing some posts with the DB professional point of view. It will at least help them understand the major changes which will come their way when their organization decides to move to the Azure.
I am sure there are tons of articles on the web already but I am trying to write my point of view as a DB professional i.e. how Azure bring a change to my mindset and my job. I hope these posts will bring some value and will be worth your time to read.
- For a SQL server DBA – How to start Azure Learning – Part 1 (DTU)
- For a SQL server DBA – How to start Azure Learning – Part 2 (SQL Azure DB Backups)
- For a SQL server DBA – How to start Azure Learning – Part 3 (SQL Azure DB HADR)
- For a SQL server DBA – How to start Azure Learning – Part 4 (Database Sharding)
- For a SQL server DBA – How to start Azure Learning – Part 5 (SQL Azure Database Monitoring)
- Upgrade Web/Business edition to Basic/standard/Premium edition databases – Using Powershell and GUI
I will keep adding more posts as I write!
Disclaimer : The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my company. All postings on this blog are provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.